If you want a luxury kitchen, you probably have a good idea of what you need. A luxury kitchen remodel can easily cost upwards of $100,000. But the kitchen is where the heart is, or at least where most families spend a majority of their time. If you want to remodel and have the money, get the very best. Whether you’re doing research, planning or are already working on your kitchen and want to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything, this article can help.
1. Countertops: Granite varieties can be expensive, but they are much better than granite tile overlays. Marble countertops are another beautiful option, but typically granite countertops are much more popular than all other kitchen countertop stones.
Granite varieties cannot be scratched unless you have a diamond saw handy, and they can bear heat very well. Be careful though, if you try to cut directly on the granite countertop, you may damage your knives. You still need to chop on a wooden butcher block.
2. Floors: If you have marble countertops, they could pair well with marble floors. Or if you decide on granite varieties for your kitchen countertop, it’s a good idea to have marble or other fine stone for your floors. If you prefer something warmer, wood works well. Bamboo is especially modern and popular these days.
3. Cabinets: Beautiful cabinets are made of solid wood, have custom metal finishes, and match with the rest of your kitchen. Some custom cabinets have sliding shelves to remove hard to reach appliances and bowls. Drawers can be customized according to what you want to store – whether it’s spoons and knives or sauces and vinegars.
4. Appliances and Tools: If you want to have a first-rate kitchen, it’s important to have all the different gadgets any accomplished chef needs. A salad dryer, melon baller, garlic press, and fine knives are just some of the items you need. A top of the line refrigerator, gas cooking range, and dishwasher also help.
Even a wine refrigerator underneath your granite countertops adds a lot to your kitchen. And depending on what you like to cook – home style fried chicken, artisan pizza, or grilled salmon – you can customize your appliances to your needs.
5. That Something Extra: Your kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a special touch. Maybe it’s your favorite artwork, maybe it’s custom drawer pulls. You can look into stained glass, custom lighting or even a mosaic for your tile backsplash. These touches make your kitchen look more like yours and less like an expensive cookie cutter.
Once you’ve designed your dream kitchen, choosing exactly what you want should be easy. Keep in mind that this is going to be the center of your home, a notion that should be reflected in everything from your spoons to your granite countertops.