The way our home looks says a lot about who we are and even more about our personalities, that’s why the way in which we arrange our home interiors are very important in how we live our lives.
We live in a fast moving world where we are bombarded with what we should wear, eat and put in our homes but rarely do we have the time to give thought to the facts that maybe how we arrange our rooms just might have an effect on or moods, creativity, energy levels and who knows what else.
Maybe it’s time to take a serious look at ourselves and our home interiors.
There are a few simple ways in which we can spruce up our home life and our home interior design by focusing on some points that are very important:
• Harmony – All the rooms in our home need to have a strong sense of harmony to them.
• Focus Points – Rooms that have a center focus point that draws your attention will flow better. Things like your art displays, an architectural wall piece or even figurines are good suggestions.
• Balance – This is successfully done by balancing the rooms’ visual weight and subtly spreading it out to the other parts of the room.
• Color – This should be an obvious one. Using positive colors can shift energies around and make the world of difference. A candle or two can be used to dramatic effect.
• Proportion and Scale – Use only furniture and items that complement the total size of the room, not dwarf it or throw it out of proportion.
• Rhythm – Create the illusion of visual stimulation through movement by arranging your room in such a way that the viewer’s eye keeps moving around from point to point. This should not be confused with scattering things all around.
Home interior decor and design is often a highly sensitive subject as many people feel that they really know what they are doing but the result is quite the contrary.
Items that you already own like candles and figurines can be easily re-arranged and placed on shelves and corners to create impressive dramatic effects and also improve lighting in areas that are often neglected due to obstructions or whichever.
The correct use of lighting in the home has the potential to literally transform any old lounge or study into a vibrant and stimulating room, just try it and see. Experimentation is the key and you won’t know if you don’t try.
If you want to try and mimic popular styles then consider looking at some alternative ideas for home interiors inspiration. Some of the most popular home interior designs would include; Asian, Arty interior, Gothic, Traditional, Mediterranean, Tropical and of course Modern interior designs.
A quick look into some of these styles mentioned will transform your home interiors and open up many doors of possibilities for re-inventing your home and injecting it with fresh life.